Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brave New Babies

This article really comes down to ones own personal morals I think. I myself would leave it up to chance because of my religion and the old fashion way of things, however if someone really wants to chose the gender of their child, I see nothing wrong with that either.
I can see how people may like their babies more if they were wishing for a certain gender, but for goodness sakes, if its their baby you'd think they'd like it either way! I think it's amazing what science could do these days, it would be gross if we start throwing out all blonde haired blue eyed babies right and left because I don't think the world needs to become that shallow. Gender is one thing, perfect children is another. It kind of comes to how will we ever measure the records in the olympics or the masterpieces of music by geniuses with no genetic changes, is it really fair? Then again, science is something that has no bounds so it's not like it can just be stopped.
This is a very hard decision to take a side on. My way of avoiding it is to just uninvolve myself and when I have children, just see what comes out.

No comments: