Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Torture vs No Torture

After reading both sides of the issue of torture, I still believe that it is immoral and wrong no matter what the circumstances. By using torture in jails against others, we are simply as low as the terrorists themselves. Also, how can we know for certain that the person captured does have information that will be of value for the US in the future. How can we have complete evidence we know something, another oops seems inexcusable. It's simply giving other countries reason to torture American soldiers or citizens for information they don't know if we really have. Also I see this as a moral and religious issue. Religion should not play a part in government I believe, but it does have a personal level with me. Not only looking at the facts that are laid down in front of me, but just on my level of thinking. I belive personally that torture is wrong because of my morals and how i was brought up. Others probably see it differently because they learned a different way. Being a Christian effects a lot of my decisions and how I feel about a lot of issues, the idea of torture being one of them. Even after reading both sides of the story, to me torture is sick and never should be used against anyone or anything.

No comments: